Running a Clean Regatta is simple, just follow the steps below:
1. Register your event as a Clean Regatta to make your committment known to Sailors for the Sea. Upon receipt of your registration you will recieve additional information on the next steps.
2. Read carefully though the Clean Regattas Best Practices and decide which measures your regatta will carry out. For inspiration, look at our Regatta Case Studies. Regattas that wish to be certified at the Bronze, Silver or Gold Level must engage in enough practices to be certified at that level (5 for Bronze, 10 for Silver, 15 for Gold).
3. Assign a volunteer "Clean Regattas liaison" to communicate with Sailors for the Sea, coordinate the program with regatta staff, and present the program to participants.
4. State your commitment to running a Clean Regatta on your event or organization home page. Language and Sailors for the Sea logos can be found in the Press Room.
5. Educate race participants on ocean health by providing an opportunity for race registrants to sign up for the free monthly Sailors for the Sea newsletter by adding an "opt-in" button to your race registration. If you run your registration through Regatta Network, their staff can help you make this happen.
6. While you run your event, collect as many metrics possible. And have fun!
7. Fill out the online post-regatta evaluation form to get your official Clean Regattas certification.
Contact Sailors for the Sea at any time for assistance and aid.