Other Ways to Give
MAIL, PHONE AND WIRE TRANSFER provide offline options to giving. To mail your gift, please download the Donation Form, and mail to the address provided on it. To make a gift by phone or wire transfer, please call 401.846.8900.
EMPLOYEE MATCHING PROGRAMS can double, or even triple the impact of your gift! Check with your company’s Personnel or Human Resources office to find out if they will match your contribution to Sailors for the Sea.
DONOR-ADVISED FUNDS are an excellent way to simplify your charitable giving to Sailors for the Sea. You can recommend a grant directly from your Fidelity Charitable or Schwab Charitable account here. Please note, you will be directed to an external website to complete your transaction.
GIFTS OF STOCK* can provide support without affecting your current cash flow. You can transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares to Sailors for the Sea and receive an immediate tax deduction.
To make a gift of stock, our Schwab Charitable account is in the name of Sailors for the Sea, account number 16072867, DTC #0164, Code 40.
LEGACY GIVING* (or planned giving), provides you with the tools to make a meaningful statement about you hold dear. Legacy gifts can provide immediate support or after your lifetime. They are truly gifts that keep on giving – gifts our oceans need.
Some of the most common arrangements include:
- Gifts of Personal Property enhance our mission and provide you with tax benefits.
- Gifts of Real Estate are a valuable asset you can donate in exchange for powerful tax benefits.
- Gifts of Life Insurance from policies you no longer need can provide powerful support.
- Gifts from a Qualified Retirement Plan ensure that we can meet our goals in the future, without affecting your assets now.
- Bequests and Wills are the most common planned gifts and enable you to provide for your heirs, reduce taxes and establish a legacy of support for ocean conservation.
*Please note, this information is general in nature. We recommend that you speak with your financial and/or legal advisor if you think one of these giving choices is right for you.